What Does The IAG Believe.....
We believe that...
- The Bible is God's inspired word. As such, the Bible is the final authority of our faith and our practice. This is the basis of everything else that we believe about God, Man, Life, Death ect. We recognise no other writing as being part of the scriptures. (II Tim 3:15-17; I Thess 2:13, II Peter 1:21).
- Jesus is God's son. He died on the cross so that all people might come to God through faith in Him. (Matt 1:21-23; II John 3; I John 3:8; Heb 1:1-13 & 7:3).
- That Jesus will come again soon to judge the world of sin and bring righteousness. (I Thess 4:16-17; Titus 2:13; I Cor 15:51-52).
- We practice Baptism by immersion (completely covered by water) as a testimony of what God has done in the believer's life. We do not believe that a person is saved by being Baptised. (Matt 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47-48; Rom 6:4).
- The IAG is a pentecostal church - we believe in the experience of the infilling of the Holy Spirit with the first sign being that the believer will speak in "tongues". That is a new prayer language given to him by God. This infilling helps the believer have the power to live a more effective life of holiness and service to God. (Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4, I Cor 12:4-10 & 28).
- We believe in divine healing as taught and practiced in the Bible. Deliverance from sickness is the privilege of all believers. (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matt 8:16-17).